Fleet Equipment Examines Trimble’s Approach to Transportation Technology
One of the central themes of last month’s in.sight user conference + expo was the increasing importance of getting access to data that enhances decision making and drives better business outcomes.
While access is important, it also brings into focus more specific questions about the use of data in transportation, including:
- How can you help me integrate my data sources?
- What are you doing to ensure data privacy?
- How can I get others in my fleet to use data-driven tools?
- What do I need to know about artificial intelligence?
With these questions in mind, Fleet Equipment recently sat down with Trimble executives to discuss our approach to data and the latest trends in how it is being applied by our customers and the industry at large.
The “democratization of data”
As the profile notes, it is not enough just to collect data; this information is only useful if it is consumable and actionable.
Whether it is telematics, maintenance, or freight and supply chain data, there is a broader industry trend toward data democratization. This concept is centered on delivering the right insights to the right people at the right time in order to inform their decision-making process.
This trend toward democratization has three aspects:
- Traditional reports are being replaced by dashboards and business intelligence tools. This gives customers access to data at a department level so users can access data that is relevant to them.
- Democratization also extends to the in-cab experience. Customers want to add or build applications tailored to their business needs and give drivers access to the tools to do their job.
- The final aspect of democratization of data is how systems interact so that data flows seamlessly across a transportation organization from the vehicle to back-office and to and from third-party vendors.
The recent introduction of our new capabilities is one example of our commitment to help connect and optimize every aspect of our customers’ business, including the way they connect to the rest of the supply chain.
Check out the full profile to get more insights into Trimble’s innovative approach to leveraging data and contact us today to learn more about how we can help you get the information you need to drive your business forward.